Bull Run Run 50 Mile
You are here:
- BRR Home »
- Area Resources
The three locations closest to the race start/finish are Manassas, Centreville, and Gunston Corner near Lorton. Manassas and Centreville are off of I-66 and are closest to Dulles Airport. Lorton has one hotel (the Comfort Inn) which is off of I-95. Lorton would be more convenient if you are coming up I-95 from the south. All three locations are about 20-30 minutes from the start. The following links may help you find a hotel. The VHTRC does not vouch for these Web sites.
- Directions to the start/finish
- Hemlock Overlook Web site
- Dulles Airport--closest and easiest
- Ronald Reagan National Airport--allow a extra driving time if you arrive during rush hour
- BWI Airport--the least convenient to our event, but often the cheapest thanks to Southwest.
- Here are the National Park Service's guides to the first battle and the second battle
- The Library of Congress has many old photographs
- Here is Cub Run which you will cross twice near the upstream turnaround
- Blackburn's Ford was the scene of the first conflict of the First Battle of Manassas. More Information: The Civil War News | American Civil War Site
- The war in Clifton.
- Take a modern day tour of Civil War sites in the Washington, D.C. area
- Finally, feel the pathos of the war. Read the letter Sullivan Ballou wrote his wife one week before he was killed in the first battle--near where you will run.