Bull Run Run
The BRR team competition is primarily for fun. The categories are designed to challenge those who want competition, and to amuse those who want a good time. Each member of a winning team will receive an award. There is no fee to form a team.
All teams must have four members. A BRR entrant may be a member of only one team. Other than this, there are no restrictions on who is on a team (i.e., no geographic or affiliation restrictions).
There are five award categories. There is one winning team in each category. The fastest categories are determined by adding the finishing places of all members, lowest score wins. Any team member who does not finish officially, disqualifies the team for all awards. The categories are:
- Fastest All Male
- Fastest All Female
- Fastest Coed (at least one of each sex)
- Slowest (highest combined finishing places)
- Oldest total age
No team may win multiple awards. The three fastest categories -- male, female, and coed -- will be determined first. The remaining teams will compete for slowest and oldest categories.
We will allow substitution of team members until March 31. No substitutions after that.
If one of your potential members is on the wait list, you cannot form your team until that person makes it on to the entrants list.
Awards: Each member of a winning team will receive a Bull Run Run blanket. At least one team member must remain at the finish to pick it up the team's awards. Team awards will not be mailed.
Issues on forming a team:
- Your team name can be cute, but keep it short and it must be no worse than PG rated. The system limits your team's name to 40 characters.
- You may only have team members who are on the entrants list. Being on the wait list doesn't count.
- Be sure all team members know that they are on your team. Don't conscript anyone involuntarily. This is not the real Civil War.
The last day to form a team is the day entry closes. (If you have a potential team member on the wait list and he or she has a chance of getting in at the last minute, please contact one of the RDs before that day.)
Team Formation Is Now Open