VHTRC Volunteer Party
June 8, 2002
5:00PM to 10:00PM
Capitol Yacht Club
1000 Water Street, S.W.
The members of the Virginia Happy Trails Running Club cordially invite all the fine volunteers at its events over the past year to a party in their honor. There will be good conversation, bad jokes, food, drink, and music by the "Haz Beens" band. The dress is casual.
Here are all the details:
- Who is Invited?
- Volunteers, their guests, all VHTRC members, and runners in VHTRC events.
- Is there any cost?
- No. Non-volunteers will be asked for a small donation.
- Should I bring anything?
- No. It's all paid for. But you do need to do one thing. RSVP!
- Are Entrants to the Events Really Invited?
- Yes. We want you to come thank the volunteers in person and tell them how much they mean to you.
- How do I get there?
- From Virginia: Take the 14th Street Bridge and stay on I-395, exiting at Maine Avenue, S.W. At the stop sign, go straight and then turn right on Water Street at the traffic light. Park where you can. (There is underground parking at Phillips Restaurant for $5 all day. There is street parking on Maine Avenue or you can go up to L'Enfant Plaza.)
- Can I take Metro?
- Yes. The closest station is the Smithsonian stop. Take the Independence Avenue exit and follow 12th Street south, away from the Mall. Walk underneath I-395, past the fish market toward Phillips restaurant. Metro runs until at least midnight, probably later.
- Where is the yacht club?
- The Capitol Yacht Club is on the waterfront side of Phillips Restaurant at the end near the fish market.
- What's the party like?
- We can't say in public, but here is the report from the year 2000 party.
RSVP: The only thing we ask is that you let us know that you are coming. Please don't just show up, we need to plan. You may RSVP by e-mailing Jeanne Christie at email@example.com. You may also call Jeanne or Larry at 301 292-6316.
Please RSVP by Saturday, June 1.