Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
The Caroline Furnace Lutheran Camp offers great opportunities for inexpensive lodging at the start. This is rustic (think summer camp), but comfortable. There are three types of lodging available. All are located a short distance from the start/finish area.
- Cabin bunks. There are six cabins available. Each unit has bunk beds and sleeps 12 and has a half bath. The cabins are clustered near the bathhouse that has showers. You will share a cabin with others. More on Camp Web site
- Sukkah cots. There are six sukkahs available. Each sukkah sleeps eight. These are "three-season" cabins with screened walls. There is no electricity and no bathroom facilities in the units. There is a central bathroom building nearby. The bathroom building does have electricity. The sukkahs are a little further from the start (about ¼ mile more), but are quieter. More on Camp Web site
- Camping. Camping is available. (Sleeping in your car is considered camping.) The camping area is within walking distance of the bathhouse facility. No hard-sided campers (RVs, etc. are allowed.)
The cost for the weekend of these facilities is:
Cabin bunks: $30 per person.
Sukkah cots: $10 per person.
Camping: $8 per person.
- You will need to supply your own bedding, pillows, towels, toiletries, etc.
- The cabins and the sukkahs have matresses.
- You will need a flashlight to navigate at night. There are no lights or electricity in the sukkahs.
- No dogs are permitted anywhere on the Camp property. Do not bring your pet.
If summer camp isn't for you, you can consult our guide to motels in the area.