Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
The Caroline Furnace Lutheran Camp offers great opportunities for inexpensive lodging at the start. This is rustic (think summer camp), but comfortable. There are three types of lodging available. All are located a short distance from the start/finish area.
See the camp map for the approximate locations of these sleeping locations.
- Cabin bunks. There are six cabins available. Each unit has bunk beds and sleeps 12 and has a half bath. The cabins are clustered near the bathhouse that has showers. You will share a cabin with others. More on Camp Web site
- Sukkah cots. There are six sukkahs available. Each sukkah sleeps eight. These are "three-season" cabins with screened walls. There is no electricity and no bathroom facilities in the units. There is a central bathroom building nearby. The bathroom building does have electricity. The sukkahs are a little further from the start (about ¼ mile further), but they are quieter. More on Camp Web site
- Camping. Tent and car camping is available. (Sleeping in your car is considered camping, and you must pay for it.) There are two locations you can camp. The main camping area is close to the start, but not close to the bathhouse. Camping is also permited in the near the cabins or the sukkahs and their bathhouses. No hard-sided campers (RVs, etc. are allowed.)
The cost for the weekend (Friday through Sunday, but not Sunday night) of these facilities is:
Cabin bunks: $30 per person.
Sukkah cots: $10 per person.
Camping: $10 (additional people in same tent or car $5).
- Check-in is not earlier than 9 a.m., Friday, May 17, unless it's been pre-authorized by the Race Director.
- You will need to supply your own bedding, pillows, towels, toiletries, etc.
- The cabins and the sukkahs have matresses.
- You will need a flashlight to navigate at night. There are no lights or electricity in the sukkahs.
- No dogs are permitted anywhere on the Camp property. Do not bring your pet.
If summer camp isn't for you, you can consult our guide to motels in the area.
Reserving and Paying for Camp Accommodations
Use this form to make a reservation. Remember, you need to be on the entrants list to make a reservation. You can use this form to reserve housing, meals, or both.