Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
Rules for Pacers
Here are the rules the runner and the pacer are expected to follow:
- A pacer may join a runner at anytime at the Camp Roosevelt aid station (63.5 miles) or any aid station beyond that point where crew access is allowed. They may join a runner after 6 p.m. on Saturday at the Habron Gap aid station (54 miles).
- Pacers may only join a runner at an aid station.
- A runner may only have one pacer at a time.
- The pacer and runner must remain together at all times -- that is, the pacer cannot come into an aid station ahead of the runner in order to fill up water bottles and grab food, etc. in order to save the runner time at the station.
- The pacer is a companion not a leader. That is, (and we know this one is hard to enforce, so we hope that you do the honorable thing) the runner is supposed to "lead" and find and follow the course on his own.
- The pacer is not a "mule." That is, the pacer is not supposed to carry the runner's water bottles, etc.
The Pacer Page
Use this page to look for a pacer at the MMT. Whether you have a pacer at MMT is optional. Many people have finished the course without a pacer, many have used one. If you want a pacer or you want to be a pacer, register below. This page is not active now. It will be functional closer to the event.
There are two reasons for this page. First, it is designed to help runners and pacers connect. Second, it is designed to take the burden off the RD to connect runners and pacers.
If you register on this page, we will list your name, home town, sex, and whether you are front/middle/back of the pack. Example: "Anstr Davidson, Arlington, VA, Male, Back of the Pack."
You must have an e-mail address to register on this page. Your e-mail address will not be visible to other visitors, but we will use it to forward any inquiries to you.
If you want to contact someone on this page, click on his or her name and the system will send an e-mail to that person automatically. You may then establish contact directly.
If you have any problems with this process, contact Anstr Davidson at email@example.com