Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 Mile Run
The MMT would not be the quality event it is without the many volunteers who have given so much to the race and the runners. This page serves two functions. It recognizes some, but unfortunately not all, of the volunteers who will be there to help the runners this year. Additionally, this page serves as a place to help recruit and organize the volunteers.
- Form to Volunteer
- Instructions for Aid Station Captains
- Map to the Start/Finish
- Crew instructions to find your aid station
Prior Year Volunteers
How to Volunteer: If you want to volunteer, please use the volunteer form. This form helps us keep track of your help. If you want to help with course marking, mark that on the form. For questions about course marking, contact Kevin Bligan at CBligan@aol.com. More information on course marking is below.
Aid Station Captains: One of the most critical jobs is that of aid station captain. It is challenging but very rewarding. A few good aid station captain jobs are available.
Course Marking: MMT is noted for its great course marking. Kevin Bligan is in charge of course marking this year. You can work on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday. More Information. If you want to help Kevin, contact him directly at CBligan@aol.com.
Race Director: Kevin Sayers
Aid Station Supply: Bill Sublett
Course Marking: Kevin Bligan
Runner Accountability: Brian McNeill
Radio Support: Larry Miller
Data and Results: Anstr Davidson
Volunteer Recruiter: Kevin Sayers
NOTE: For distances and open/close times, see the Aid Station Chart.
(Captains in Bold)
|1 - Moreland Gap||Captain|
|2 - Edinburg Gap||Captain|
|3 - Woodstock Tower||Captain|
|4 - Powells Fort||Captain|
|5 - Elizabeth Furnace||Captain|
|6 - Shawl Gap Parking||Captain|
|7 - Veach Gap Parking||Captain|
|8 - Indian Grave Trailhead||Captain|
|9 - Habron Gap Parking||Captain|
|10 - Camp Roosevelt||Captain|
|11/15 - Gap Creek I & II||Captain|
|12 - Visitor Center||Captain|
|13 - Bird Knob||Captain|
|14 - Picnic Area||Captain|
|Caroline Furnace Camp|
|Finish Line Timing & Other||Anstr Davidson|
|TBA||Known volunteers but not yet assigned:|
|Missed||If you've signed up via the Volunteer form and don't see your name or if something has been missed or incorrect then please contact Kevin Sayers (firstname.lastname@example.org) Thanks!|
Race Headquarters on Friday
Trail Marking Volunteers
- Kevin Bligan
MMT has a great reputation for course marking due to the numerous volunteers who help hang markings and clear the course each year. If you want to have some fun, get some good training miles and help us with this important task, there are ample opportunities. Below are tasks, meeting times and additional information about this year's marking. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the course marking coordinator Kevin Bligan at email@example.com. Please do not just show up race weekend without coordinating at least a week prior to the race.
- The majority of this year's course marking will take place on Friday May 17. We meet as a group at 0800 that morning at race headquarters, Caroline Furnace Lutheran Camp.
- On Thursday, May 16, there will also be some trail marking. If you are interested in helping Thursday contact Kevin Bligan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Saturday, May 18, race day, there is a need for a volunteer or two to ride along with Kevin Bligan to do race day detail work, mark road sections, and troubleshoot. It's a long day mostly spent in a car, but you do get to visit all of the aid stations and get some miles in running to various intersections on the course.
- On Sunday, May 19 there are a few sections that need to be swept of ribbons and reflectors.